As we continue to monitor the current situation in Boulder County and the guidelines of both local and state governments, we want to update you on the precautions we have implemented as we work towards our summer reopening. Please be assured that as things evolve, we also remain flexible.
In order to prepare for in-person class offerings, the following guidelines are in place. As a studio and individual persons, we are complying with existing and future health orders and will be collecting waivers prior to participation.
Kinesis Facility Building Basics
- Only dancers, teachers, and administrators are allowed in the building.
- Staff members and patrons are requested to wear face coverings when they can do so safely. (Boulder County Public Health does not require masks for people under 12y).
- Wash hands upon entry (or use sanitizer) and frequently.
- No congregating in groups. Seating, gathering areas, and dressing rooms are closed.
- Dancers, teachers, and administrators will maintain a minimum of 6ft distance at all times.
- Class sizes are limited to allow for 10max in each studio, 8max in our smaller studio including the Iris Studio.
- Classes/camps will be staggered so no more than 10 people are in the lobby or hallways at a time.
- Restrooms will be sanitized after each use.
- If the kitchen is used for art or snacks, it will be sanitized after each use. We will utilize outdoor spaces as much as possible.
- Studios will be sanitized between groups/classes.
- Barres will be sanitized between each use and will only be used for adult dancers.
- There will be no equipment shared between dancers including but not limited to, cones, spots, scarves, mats, etc.
- The entire facility is deep cleaned weekly, during higher traffic weeks this will increase to twice weekly.
Dance class, camp, and intensive procedures:
- The front doors are to be used for drop off only.
- The parking spaces in front of the building will be roped off to allow for social distancing while you wait to enter the building. We ask that parents drop their dancers at the front door and assist in answering the screening questions and then leave. Parents are to wear masks.
- Dancers will have their temperature taken and be asked symptom screening questions before entering the building each day.
- Hands will be sanitized/washed upon entry.
- Dancers will have a specific place for their items to be left and will be taken to the dance room one at a time.
- Dancers will have dedicated props for their class/camp.
- Squares will be taped on the floors in order to maintain 6ft distance.
- We ask dancers to bring minimal belongings and to bring their own water.
- Dressing rooms are closed, so dancers need to arrive in dance-wear.
- The back doors will be used for pick up
- Please drive around with a piece of paper in your windshield with your dancer’s name. We will check ID’s car side and release your dancer to you/the designated pick-up person for your family.
Please know that as we implement these practices in real-time, we will adjust as needed. We are looking forward to being in the space. We understand that it can be difficult to adapt to these new changes and we remain committed to open communication around our policies and your desire for safety while we strive to create a sense of normalcy for our dancers.